Thursday, August 11, 2011

Challenge

I have not been doing too much reading lately. Or writing for that matter. Well, I have been doing quite a bit of writing, but it is not the kind of writing that I usually like to do - it has been writing to clients, writing newsletters and writing advertising ideas. Not so much the creative writing that I love so much. However, this month I am making yet another attempt at a 50,000 word novel, this time for Camp Nanowrimo. I doubt that I will finish it, as I am already about 4000 words behind schedule, but it has been getting me to write a little more than usual at least. And, in terms of reading, I have a new aim for the month. I am going to try and read at least 5 books in one month. I am going to try and curb the enthusiasm for the series that I have been watching a concentrate on reading a little more. I do not know if I am going to end up finishing all 5, but if I get through at least 3, I will see it as an achievement.

So which books do I intend to read then? Well, first of all, I should mention that the book I am currently reading does not count towards this total, as I am about 40 pages away from finishing it. It has taken me about 2 weeks to complete, and it is not a particularly long book, so that should tell you something. The books that I chose for this challenge were picked at random from the shelf upstairs. I have tried to include books of varying genres, as well as books that I have been looking forward to. Looking at the pile of them now, I somehow doubt that I am going to make it through in the one month that I have given myself, but I am going to try my hardest in any case.

So here they are, the books that I will be reading and the reviews that you can look out for. In no particular order:

Wizard's First Rule - Terry Goodkind
Bitter Sweets - Roopa Farooki
Five Quarters of the Orange - Joanne Harris
The Eye of the World - Robert Jordan
Laughable Loves - Milan Kundera

Wish me luck peoples!!

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to those reviews...I need some new book ideas if I'm to reach my 30 books for 2011 goal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck :D I'm also having trouble reading thanks to full metal alchemist.

    ReplyDelete