Monday, January 2, 2012

2012

2012 has arrived! Every year at this time, I make resolutions. They usually involve losing weight, taking up hobbies and spending more time doing the things that I love with the people that I love. But I also know myself, and I know that a week after I write up those resolutions, they fall to the wayside. This year, I have decided that I am not going to write resolutions, but I am instead just going to write down what I hope the year 2012 will be like in general.

2012 will be a year for photography. I have been a bit lax of recent with not picking up my camera and taking it out for a spin, but I am thinking of doing yet another 365 project, and considering that I did take photos yesterday and that today is only the second day of the month, it is definitely a possibility. However, even if I don't end up doing a project, I still want this to be the year where I really get my ass into gear in terms of my photography. I am launching a website which I have big ideas for, I am building a studio in my garage and I am sincerely hoping that I can get a business going on the side by December next year. Why December specifically? Well, because I went for walks around the botanical gardens a few times last month and every single time I went, there were at least 3-5 weddings going on and photographs being taken in the gardens. Next year, I want to be one of those photographers.

2012 will be a year for fitness. Yes, I say it every single year, that I am going to buck up and get healthy. And I am not exactly off to a good start, since New Year's Eve was a drinking binge fest which needed to be smoothed over yesterday by breakfast at Spur (not particularly healthy). But, I have taken up squash and want to do that at least three times a week, and have resolved to join the gym this year, since I recently found out that ex-Rhodents can join for the same price as students if they get an alumni card. Healthy eating is something that is going to come slowly to me, since it is not just myself that I would be cooking for, and cooking in itself is not something that I have the energy to do often. But at least I want to get moving and get exercising.

2012 will be a year for writing. Writing has definitely taken a sideline over the last few years. Though my job last year involved a lot of communication with clients and writing newsletters and writing brochures and such things, this year there is going to be less of that. Well, still communication with clients, but definitely less newsletters and such since I am no longer the Communications Agent at the company, but have been promoted to the Accounts Manager (or a title along those lines). But I do not intend to let that stop me. I won Nanowrimo last year and am hoping to try it again, but in the meantime I am going to keep blogging and am thinking of writing up some articles for the local newspaper occasionally just to get back into the journalistic style of writing.

2012 will be a year for fun. I was a bit of a downer in 2011. I hardly ever went out, I hardly ever did anything fun or exciting. I think that I was in a bit of a slump, but no more! I am going to make 2012 the year for fun and partying and enjoyment. I want at least one more of those before my big 2-5 in 2013. And, after all, 2013 may never come (according to the Mayans) so I might as well live it up while I can. ;) I am the only person to blame for my lack of fun in 2011. I complained and moaned about not having friends when my friends were right in front of me and when there was a town full of people going out on a nightly basis that I could have become friendly with. I know that this is not going to be easy, but Kath and Emma, if you are reading this, I expect support and assistance and for you guys to drag me out of the house more often, because I know that if it were up to me, I would just be curled up in bed with pjs and a book every single night.

And finally, most of all, 2012 will be a year of awesomeness. I know it. I sense it. Let's make it so.

HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYONE!!!

4 comments:

  1. Kath and Emma are very very good at dragging you out of bed when you'd prefer to be a hermit, trust me.

    Us fellow bed-with-pjs-and-book people should stick together for mutual socialness! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahaha you're delusional. How do you think I read so many books? I'm a total hermit.

      Delete
  2. I only just read this now, but... I'd probably just curl up in bed with a book too. So I think our forays into non-hermit life will have to be a team effort. :D

    ReplyDelete