Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Stunning.

I use Google Reader, and this is something that I am proud of. The fact that I managed to find out about the reader and that I read through the hundred or so posts that I get on a daily basis makes me feel better about not doing as much novel reading as I used to.

As well as subscribing to my friends' blogs and a number of photography blogs, I also subscribe to a number of random feeds that provide me with endless joy and entertainment. One of these is Buzz Feed. Basically, it shows me whatever is big on the Internet right now. A lot of the stuff is utter rubbish and I scroll through it within seconds. But today, I came across something truly beautiful. It is these occasional beautiful posts that keep me coming back to Buzz again and again despite the promise of disappointment with most of their posts.

Today's post is from a competition that was held to create short movies that are exactly three minutes long and have exactly 6 lines of dialogue. While I expected this to be a little boring, I was surprised at how intense, how intriguing and how nerve-wracking the winning entry was. I shouldn't have been. It is the music, the visual images, the knowledge of what is going to happen and the lack of knowledge that keep you on the edge of your seat, and it is something that I appreciated.

In any case, have a look at the winning entry. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRMcPJrWm-g&feature=player_embedded

No comments:

Post a Comment