Thursday, March 1, 2012

February

It's hard to believe that we are two months into 2012! It's even harder to believe that in a month I will be 24, and if March passes as quickly as it felt like February did, that will happen in no time!

February was both a quiet and a stressful month. It was quiet in terms of actual things that were being done. Weekdays were spent at work, when I wasn't sick, and weekends were spent trying to find fun things to do like play squash or go and hit some golfballs at the driving range. But it was stressful at the same time because of the new job putting lots of pressure on me and finding out that my grandfather is not only sick, but seeming to be on a slippery slope of sickness. I would have thought that being in South Africa I would have felt more closer to my grandfather than I did to my Mom's dad when his slippery slope started, but I feel just as disconnected and out of the loop as ever. Grahamstown may be closer than Korea, but it is still too far for comfort in these kinds of situations.

On top of that stress, there was also the stress of my photography beginning to take off. Stress because getting it to take off involves making investments and sacrifices that I cannot necessarily afford and stress because I was expecting to fail at every step of the way. Thankfully I did not and am most pleased with the results of my wedding shoot, even if I still feel that they are not as professional as I would like. In the same week as the wedding, I was also hired to be the photographer for a world record attempt - longest game of pool ever played. The record is currently sitting at 72 hours, and thankfully I am not the one setting it, so I don't need to be there for most of the time. Still, the date for the attempt could not have been worse - on the first of the month, the billing day for all of our clients and the busiest day of the month for me considering that I have to be up past midnight to load the last of the usage and up before 6:30 to make sure that everything is running smoothly, not to mention soothing clients who feel that they have been overcharged, undercharged or just want to have someone to complain to.

So February has been a calm and stressful month all at the same time. Here's hoping that March will end up being a bit less nervewracking and a lot luckier. How was your month?

No comments:

Post a Comment