Friday, May 6, 2011

Day 2

So, on day two, I am supposed to talk about my least favourite book. This is quite a difficult choice for me because it is not often that I come across a book that I truly dislike. I might come across books that I find to be a little boring at times or a little disappointing, but never BAD. But there is one book that stands out amongst the disappointments that I have experienced, and that is Shalimar the Clown.

Perhaps it is because I had such high expectations for the book. Perhaps it was because I spent so much time reading it, put so much effort into it and found all of my hopes for it torn apart, but I had the worst time reading this book, and by the time I finished it, all I wanted to do was throw it across the room and give up reading forever. The little bit that I had read of Salman Rushdie before this had given me such high hopes, and Shalimar the Clown tore them right down. And so, I think that this, if anything, counts as my least favourite book. I am not, however, giving up on Rushdie and still intend to read books like The Satanic Verses and Midnight's Children.

No comments:

Post a Comment