Sunday, May 8, 2011

Day 4

For day 4, I am supposed to write about a book that makes me cry. This was a very difficult one for me. Though I get overly emotional and tend to cry in just about every movie that I watch (terrible, I know) it is not quite the same for books with me. I think that it's because when I get to a point where I feel I might cry, I can just put the book aside and do something else for a short while, detaching myself from the story and giving my emotions a bit of a break. There was one book though that despite my tears, I just couldn't put down.

The Time Traveler's Wife is one of the most beautiful, terrifying, funny, mindbloggling, glorious, heartwrenching books that I have read and I absolutely love it. You should have seen how angry I was when I realised that my copy of the book (frugally purchased for R10 from Cafda before I had realised what a treasure it was) had been ruined by... I don't know what exactly. Coffee? Perhaps. Whatever it was, more than half the book is covered in a dark stain that cover at least half the width of the pages, and though you can read what is written, it is certainly not pleasant. I look forward to purchasing another copy of the book very soon, but the story behind my finding of it will not be quite as interesting or lucky, I am sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment