Sunday, May 8, 2011

Day 3

So I didn't get around to writing this blog up yesterday, but day 3's book is supposed to be one that makes you laugh. The book that I chose for today came to mind pretty quickly and it's one that I have written about here before.

When I read Northanger Abbey, I couldn't help but laugh at the way Austen describes her characters and sets up situations. Towards the end of the book, the humour died out a little, as should be expected considering that the book was supposed to be more of a drama than anything else, but even so, the comical language exchanges continued throughout and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it.

1 comment:

  1. huzzah! i love northanger abbey too! it annoys me when people ridicule it for being badly written, mainly because it has such an uncharacteristically naive (and ok maybe a little dim) main character. i love that it has that different perspective which make the intrigues and witty conversation even funnier for being so innocently observed. props to you for this one, you lady of excellent taste!^^

    ReplyDelete