Monday, May 9, 2011

Day 5

Day 5 is supposed to be a book that you wished you could live in. Once again there are many of these that come to mind, from Memoirs of a Geisha to almost all the novels of Jane Austen and more. But, though I found myself easily getting lost in those worlds, there was one world that I found myself particularly drawn to and I decided that should really be the book that I write about today.

I really loved CS Lewis as a child, and the world of Narnia has remained engrained in my brain (teehee for assonance). With its beauty, its lore and its mysticism as well as the touch of magic that is sprinkled around, I think that Narnia is the one fictional place that I wish I could live in. Well, maybe not live in per se. After all, you can visit Narnia and stay there for a lifetime and return back to the real world to find that no time has passed at all. Perhaps it would be the ideal vacation spot - a place to run away to when the stresses of life get a little too much. A place where you could have your own adventures separate from the real world and return to reality without anything having really changed. How lovely would that be?

1 comment:

  1. I love the Narnia books. I remember being so disappointed when I read the last one because I think I was just old enough to recognise the Christian symbolism in the books. Poor Susan :(

    ReplyDelete